This announcement contains inside information
C4X Discovery Holdings plc
("C4XD" or the "Company")
Full year results for the year ended 31 July 2018
21 November 2018 - C4X Discovery Holdings plc (AIM: C4XD), a pioneering drug discovery company, today announces its full year results for the year ended 31 July 2018.
- Revenue increased to £7,064,000 (2017: £143,000), driven entirely by the Indivior licensing agreement.
- R&D expenses increased 15% to £6,992,000 (2017: £6,100,000), reflecting the Company’s investment in drug discovery activity and its continued development of lead drug candidates.
- Total loss after tax was £1,135,000 or 2.44 pence per share (2017: £6,782,000 or 16.88 pence per share).
- Post period end, C4XD completed a £10.1 million fundraise (before expenses) in October 2018 through the placing and open offer of 11,210,674 new ordinary shares in the capital of the Company (Ordinary Shares) at a price of 90 pence (GBX) per Ordinary Share.
Business model validated
- Licensing deal with Indivior in March 2018 for our Orexin-1 antagonist programme; $10 million upfront with up to $284 million in milestone payments.
Discovery Engine progress
- C4XD’s proprietary drug asset portfolio has grown from three programmes in 2014 to nine active programmes spread across multiple therapeutic areas.
- Disease areas of focus are inflammation, neurodegeneration, immune-oncology/oncology and additional opportunistic areas (e.g., addiction and diabetes).
- To date, the Taxonomy3® platform has identified 285 novel, genetically-validated and disease-linked genes that will generate target insights for future discovery programmes in inflammation and neurodegeneration.
- Launched Stage 1 of virtual reality-based molecular visualisation tool, 4Sight with the aim of increasing the throughput of the Company’s pre-clinical portfolio by accelerating hit generation and lead optimisation timeframes.
- Continued to enhance core, state-of-the-art target identification and drug design capabilities through synergistic strategic partnerships:
o Joint research collaboration with e-Therapeutics plc (AIM:ETX) to identify novel mechanistic insights in Parkinson’s Disease was announced in May 2018.
- Eva-Lotta Allan, Non-Executive Chairman, and Natalie Walter, Non-Executive Director, were appointed to the Board of Directors in July 2018.
Dr Clive Dix, CEO of C4X Discovery, said: “C4X Discovery has had a transformational year in 2018, underlined by the successful completion of our pre-clinical licensing deal with Indivior in March. This pivotal milestone validated our business model. Our pipeline continues to progress, with NRF-2 entering a formal partnering process and excellent in vivo data on IL-17 moving this programme towards partnering. This maturing pipeline, combined with our enhanced commercial capabilities and our innovative collaborations with multiple partners, positions us well to carry out our strategy of becoming the world’s most productive drug discovery engine and delivering returns to our shareholders.”
A copy of the final results presentation given by Clive Dix (Chief Executive Officer) will be released later this morning on the Group's website at www.c4xdiscovery.com.
Analyst conference call today
Dr Clive Dix, Chief Executive Officer, will present the results at 11:30am GMT on 21 November 2018 during a live conference call. A copy of the results presentation will be released later this morning on the Company website at www.c4xdiscovery.com.
Please visit the website approximately 10 minutes before the conference call to download the presentation slides. Dial-in details are:
Participant local dial-in: +44 (0) 2071 928000
Participant free phone dial-in: 08003767922
Participant code: 7559969#