17 March, 2016 - C4X Discovery Holdings plc (AIM: C4XD), an innovative drug discovery and development company, today announces its interim unaudited results for the six months ended 31 January 2016.
- Dr Clive Dix appointed as Executive Chairman to implement strategy of building the world’s most productive drug discovery and development company.
- Significant progress across therapeutic programmes:
- Addiction: oral drug candidate from the Orexin-1 programme for the treatment of addictive disorders such as nicotine addiction, continues to progress through preclinical development. Potential imaging agent for planned Phase I study identified. Second, differentiated Orexin-1 antagonist identified as follow-up candidate.
- Inflammation: design of novel oral activators of the NRF-2 pathway which is important in lung diseases with high unmet medical need such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (“COPD”); identification of small molecule inhibitors of the IL-17 pathway implicated in multiple inflammatory and autoimmune diseases including psoriasis.
- Diabetes: identification of novel, potent, orally available lead molecules activating GPR142 a key factor in the production of insulin.
- Collaboration established with University of Oxford’s Structural Genomics Consortium (“SGC-Oxford”) to improve and identify potent and selective molecules against a range of targets and initiation of an oncology therapeutic programme.
- Refinement of hybrid business model of wholly owned pipeline of drug discovery programmes plus partnerships with Pharma and Biotech. Access to C4XD proprietary technologies on a fee for service basis to be discontinued to maximise internal resource available for value creating pipeline projects. Aim to transition current fee-for-service relationships to shared IP or milestone driven collaborative agreements.